Art by, SirBlizz98
Common Jobs: Pets, Anything easy, Anything dealing with the exchange of money
Likes: Money, Being petted on the head, Being fed, Being pampered
Dislikes: Being Poor, Insults, Hard work
Attack Method: Trick the opponent, paying them off or bankrupt them.
Geckrechauns are highly dedicated to their god the Sleeper. So much so that the biggest city on Geckon surrounds a statue of their sleeping god. This statue is surprisingly lifelike and slumbers on a pile of gold and other riches that the geckrechauns bring in hopes of their god giving them more luck.
The geckrechaun is a small, impish, gecko-like creature. They come in a variety of scale colors, body shapes and patterns, which makes them interesting pets. Geckrechauns are short, with most standing at a squat 3 feet tall. One must be careful with petting the head of a geckrechaun as it is a little known fact that some of the spots on their head are in fact one of their 3 pairs of eyes.
The geckrechauns are a very greedy race. They only live for 20 short years and their goal is to amass as much wealth as they can, usually by tricking travelers or selling worthless knick-knacks. The bigger their pile, the happier they are. They have a naturally quick learning ability, and are able to finish most studies at the age of 5.
Geckrechauns will also sell off their firstborn son and daughter to the geckrechaun pet trade. This is by far the biggest honor a geckrechaun can obtain as being a pet means one does not need to work and someone takes care of every whim the geckrechaun has. Many geckrechauns considered their owners their servants and think it’s funny that people would ever take care of pets as money-wise, most pets are worthless.
Their mentality in a fight is to trick the opponent or run, as it isn't worth the chance of risking their lives.
Geckrechauns used to live on a planet that was ruled by a being more intelligent than them. This species took care of geckrechauns like pets, which the geckrechauns absolutely enjoyed. Unfortunately, a fast-spreading sickness infected these beings and the geckrechauns were soon forced to survive without their ever-protective owners.
When geckrechauns were found they quickly realized that the species around them were intelligent; in response to this, they proceeded to act like a bunch of dumb yet extremely cute animals. Many geckrechauns were taken as pets and they spread throughout the universe like wildfire.
Some of the geckrechauns that were not taken along explained the situation to others and realized that because they could not be pets, they would have to find another way to gain incredible amounts of money so that they too could live life doing nothing.
Somehow, whatever plan they made up worked and they became the most important species to the economy.
Today many geckrechauns make money by traveling around selling trinkets of luck, filing taxes, acting as loan sharks and playing the stock market.
Despite having many different colors, patterns, and body types, geckrechauns do not have any subspecies.
• Attempting to force a pet geckrechaun to do work is considering a crime and will cause you to lose any geckrechaun pets you have.
• The geckrechaun pet trade is one of the biggest pet trades around. The trading of geckrechauns is not considered illegal, nor is it looked down upon as being a pet is considered the best "job" a geckrechaun could ever get.
• Fossil evidence shows that geckrechauns were not the only intelligent life forms that have ever lived on their homeworld. In fact evidence shows that this other intelligent species, dubbed the "Keepers" lived side by side with the geckrechauns for many years. It is likely that the geckrechauns were the pets of the Keepers until they suddenly and mysteriously died out. It is believed a sudden and highly infectious disease wiped out the Keepers.
• There is no fossil evidence that links geckrechauns to any other species on the planet.
• Geckrechauns mainly eat insects, but will also eat meat. While they have no interest in fish, they will eat it if it’s the only thing around. Geckrechauns will also eat sweets if given it, but it’s very important to not feed a geckrechaun too many non-meat/insect food items.