The TOS (terms of service) are the terms the user must agree to when the user uses the Site. If you do not agree with any item in the terms of service discontinue usage immediately.
Last updated: May 28, 2018
Cosmosdex ("us", "we", or "our") operates the / website (the "Service"). "Company" refers to the Cosmosdex.
The Cosmosdex website located at / is a copyrighted work belonging to Cosmosdex. Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features.
Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to access the Site solely for your own personal, noncommercial use.
The rights approved to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions:
• You shall not sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site.
• You shall not change, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site.
• You shall not access the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website.
• Except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site must be retained on all copies thereof.
Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or cease the Site with or without notice to you. You approved that Company will not be held liable to you or any third-party for any change, interruption, or termination of the Site or any part.
You agree that Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support in connection with the Site.
The Service is not directed towards children under the age of 13 and the Service will not knowingly collect information for anyone under the legal age of consent to data processing, this being the age of 13 years in the US, and up to 16 years old in the EU. Any children under the legal age of consent for data processing, or anyone who does not agree with the terms contained on this page is to discontinue usage of the Service immediately.
By using the Service you are agreeing to all the requirements in the Terms of Service. You also certify that you are at least the minimum age to use this Service.
The Cosmosdex allows the user to submit applications to the Site. You agree not to use the Site to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content:
• That violates any third-party right or any intellectual property or proprietary right.
• That is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
• That is harmful to minors in any way.
• That is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
In addition, you agree not to:
• Upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data.
• Send through the Site unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages.
• Use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent.
• Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, whether through password mining or any other means.
• Harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
• Use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to the Site.
We reserve the right to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against the user in our sole discretion if the user violates the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing, modifying the User's Content, or blocking the user. The Site may remove, or modify any of the User's Content for any reason, or for no reason at all. The Site does not need to inform the user when content is changed.
Full usage rights
If the user's application is accepted, full usage rights of the user's submission(s) are given to the Cosmosdex. This includes, but is not limited to, the user's submission(s) appearance in webcomics, the user's submission(s) own dex page, and the user's submission(s) appearance featured in posters, buttons, and other merchandise that are to be sold.
The Cosmosdex is under no obligation to inform the user when their content is modified, removed, or changed in any way, shape, or form.
The user is free to continue usage of their original submission on the user's own project(s) or on the project of others, commercial or otherwise unless it infringes on the rights of the Cosmosdex or other users. For example, the user is not allowed to sell artwork of characters made by other users or the Cosmosdex without the other user's or the Cosmosdex's expressed permission, even if the character is the species of the user as this infringes on the rights of either the other user or the Cosmosdex.
When the user allows other companies or persons the rights to use creations that have also been submitted and accepted by the Cosmosdex the user must inform the other company that rights have also been given to the Cosmosdex.
User Submitted Artwork
The only exception to the full usage right is user submitted artwork. When the User submits digital artwork to the Cosmosdex it will be allowed to be used in any location on the Site, but it Will Not be used in off site advertisements, or commercially sold without the expressed permission of the artist. It may be used in on Site banners.
If the User's submitted content is in any of the Site's submission zones, the User is allowed to contact the Site and request it removed, which it shall be. The rights to the requested submission shall be dropped at that point in time.
Once the User's submitted content has been accepted and removed from the submission zone the user has One Week to request its removal, at which point it will be removed and the rights to the requested submission dropped. Once the one week period has passed the user may request its removal but the Cosmosdex will no longer be under any obligation to remove it and will deny removal in most cases. The Cosmosdex is not obligated to inform the user why the context will not be removed once the one week period after acceptance is passed. These rules apply to all submissions, including artwork.
Should a recall be accepted while another user has submitted content that requires usage of the recalled content the other content will be modified to remove mention of the recalled content or deleted.
The Cosmosdex is a Site that runs off of fictional information. At no point should any of the content on the site, espcially user submitted content, be considered the opinions of the Cosmosdex, any staff or volunteers, or its contributers. We do not condone any of the actions depicted on this site.
The site is provided on an "as-is" and "as available" basis, and company and our suppliers expressly disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory. We are under no obligation to add new content to the site and at anytime may declare the shut down of the site with warning.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Term and Termination
Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, any Accounts you may have and right to access and use the Site will terminate immediately.
Unless stated otherwise all contents and elements of the Site and Service are copyrighted by the Company.
These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify the users of the site by placing a notice on either the index page, or in the blog. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
If you have any questions about this TOS, please contact us: By visiting this page on our website.